Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Details...

Ok, so here are some of the details of what's happening...seeing as quite a bit has happened in the past couple months that I haven't been able to share!

First, some pics...the first picture is a "before" picture from when we first found out.  This is me at about...8 weeks?  The next picture is at our "before" photography session - just me and Nathan having fun at home) at about 10 weeks.  No pictures have been taken since then, but I'll have to get on that again this week...

Nathan and I found out that we were expecting on February 13, 2010.  There's actually a funny/cool story to go along with that date.  More than a year ago (probably December 2008 or so) I had been praying about having a baby and God said to me to "expect a baby in February."  Admittedly, I got a bit mad because that really tells me very little more than I already knew.  It sure sounded like one day we could expect a child of our own, but biological or through adoption?  If biological, would the conception be in February, or the due date?  If adoption, would we start the paperwork in February, or would we receive our referral in February, or would we actually welcome a child into our home in February?  See what I mean?  Anyway, February 2009 came and went and my hopes died a little.  Then, May came and went (when the due date would have been February), and I put God's words out of my mind, thinking it must have been my imagination.  Well, imagination or not, those words came back to me when, on February 13th, we had our first positive pregnancy test.  Expect a baby in February.  Indeed.

So, moving on.  Expected date of delivery is September 29, 2010.  That puts me at 14.5 weeks right now.  We wanted to wait until we were safely in the second trimester before our big announcement.  We had a scare at week 12 when we thought we lost the baby, but, after two weeks of bedrest, I have been given the all-clear to resume regular activity.  Of course I'm still trying to take it easy, but it sure is nice to be able to get out of bed and do a few things around the house!  As you think of us and the pregnancy, please pray that everything continues to go safely and smoothly.

Hmm...what else?  I haven't gained much weight, maybe 5 lbs.  I've gained about 5-6 inches around my belly but I'm not really showing yet.  Every week it seems to get a little bit bigger though!  I haven't felt Baby move yet.  I haven't experienced much morning sickness.  For the most part I've felt quite healthy through the last 3 months.  I've had some food aversion (like having to mentally prepare myself for every food I ate from week 6-13.5).  I've actually only thrown up once, and that was due to a little flu-thing that I had more than morning sickness.  Too much information?  Ok, sorry.

Well, I can't think of anything else, so if any of you have questions, feel free to fire away.  I've probably missed something.

Happy Easter everyone!  Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Karis Brandes said...

Mwahahahha, I just want to ask all the questions I've asked you already just so that you have to type it all out again! haha...
For starters... How did you tell your families? Have you had weird cravings? At what point did you think that you were pregnant? ;)

KDees said...

I am "friends" with your husband on Facebook and saw his link to your blog on April 1. I got connected to him through the death of a mutual friend, Nathan Toews in the summer of 2007. Anyways, all that aside, I wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy. I read a little bit of the story behind your struggles to conceive and I am thoroughly excited for you both, even though I have never met you! I look forward to your updates! Congratulations!

Kara said...

Hi Niki,
I am a friend of Kendall and Sabrina's and I have been reading your blog off and on now for a year. Sorry for never making myself known prior to now. Anyway, I just wanted to say congratulations and wish you and Nathan all the best as you begin this new journey in life.

Alicia Buhler said...

I'm curious if you're planning to find out the sex of the baby?