Monday, March 10, 2014

Number 10: Embarrassing Moment

10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.

Ok...embarrassing moment.  Which one to choose?  I'm going to stay away from the ones typically found in Seventeen magazine (though I have one or two of those...what girl doesn't??).  Umm.  Ok.  I've got one.

When I was in high school, I spent a couple years liking this one guy.  Long story short, we eventually dated, I was heartbroken when he dumped me...but we stayed friends.  Mostly.  It was always a little awkward but hey...we were in the same friendship circle so we were still friends. We put the dating behind us and had some truly good times after that.

Fast forward a few years.  I'm married.  He's married.  We're at a mutual friends' wedding.  As I'm leaving the ceremony, I pass him talking with another mutual friend and it is only polite to stop and say hi to the guys.  We chat for a few minutes but as I turn to leave, I totally throw out the wrong name.  THE WRONG NAME!  I liked him for YEARS.  We DATED.  We were really good friends.  And I totally called him the wrong name.  I couldn't get away fast enough.  Ugh.  It doesn't help that I called him his brother's name.  Yikes.  How do these things happen??  Ok, now I'm embarrassed all over again...shoot.  Moving on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Everyone has brain lapses now and then!
I can't even pinpoint an embarrassing moment. Certainly not the "most" embarrassing one. I tend to just put my foot in my mouth with regularity.

Did you know I got a DUI in college? First and only time I EVER drove after drinking in small town Olds, during my 4 month life low point of crazy living in my first year of college. God sent a VERY loud and clear message that night of "Not a chance, Katie! You aren't going to live this life!"..and then I lost my license for a whole year and have a criminal record! God, I received your message loud and clear. That is less 'embarrassment', and more 'shame', but that is definitely my worst moment. Still hard to believe it ever happened. So don't feel too bad about being forgetful. -Katie