Thursday, March 20, 2014

Number 11 - Pet Peeves

11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.

1. People being extraordinarily cheerful first thing in the morning...and expecting me to talk, be chipper, look alive...

2. Related to #1 yet completely different...people waking me up and then being grumpy in the morning. If you're going to be up early, and wake me up early, at least be happy/neutral so I don't have to deal directly with you until I've fully woken up. You can probably imagine who those people usually are in my life. :P

3.  People not replying to emails quickly.  Now, I understand that some people are not online checking emails/messages more than once or twice a day...so then I don't expect an answer before the next day. I also understand that some people are busy and can't reply right away, even if they see my message (it happens to the best of us). But I know that other people are online every hour or two (thank you, fb) so how is there time to check the news feed but not time to send a little response?  I guess it's just me growing up in the age of everything being instant, but it bugs me when people take their time replying, even though I can see that they saw my message already (6 hours ago!). 

4. Grammar mistakes. Many of us are wholly dedicated to one language, let's see if we can master it, shall we? Or at least make an effort? In particular, the use of lend/borrow gets me EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.  If you're reading this, please take note of the following:

If I am receiving the item, I am borrowing it.
If I am letting someone use something that is mine, I am lending it. 
If someone is taking something that is mine to use for a while, they are borrowing it.
If someone else is letting me use something that is theirs, they are lending it.

end rant.

5. People who chew with their mouth open bug me to no end.  Or rather, their habit of chewing with their mouth open is what bugs me.  The people themselves are often quite nice.

6. When people ask me for recipes.  Most of the time it's ok because I just got the recipe off Pinterest or whatever.  But there are a few things that I've been making for years and every time I serve them, I get compliments.  I'm not sure why it bugs me; why would I care?  I guess I just want to be the person who makes those things. If everyone had the recipe, would it still be special when I made it for them?

7. Whiny kids...mine or anyone else's.  This excludes tired or hungry kids.  I understand that (though it can also be annoying).  I'm talking about kids who whine because they know it will help them get their way.  Also, lippy kids.

8. Rude people.

9. People who complain about how people use their cell phones and then do the exact same thing.

10. When someone rides in my seat in our van and adjusts the seat.  Don't tough the controls, people.  I have them just how I like them. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll work my way back with the posts I missed! ;)

Pet peeves are so funny. Sometimes the dumbest things bother me. I TOTALLY identify with your #1! Being cheery first thing is a sure way to make me grumpy! I identify with 8 and 9, as well.

Other things for me: crappy drivers/exceedingly slow drivers/excessively fast drivers, slow walking people in malls and stores and are taking up the entire aisle, trucks that are jacked up, people that talk during movies in theaters, when people don't put things back where they found them(and then I can't find them!), TV political debates(basically when people talk over each other or interrupt constantly...ARGH!), being inconsiderate...and on and on. Lots of things bug me ha ha!

Dannis would say I'm too easily irritated. ;) - Katie