Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Number 7 - Dream Job

7. What is your dream job, and why?

No surprise to anyone who has been reading my blog for any amount of time...my dream job is being a stay-at-home mom.  I'm living the dream.  :)

Why?  Because I can totally run my own schedule (except for the two little people who try to steer the schedule awry).

I can set the vision and carry out the vision without having to follow someone else's vision that I may or may not agree with.

I can be 100% self-motivated (or not motivated at all but at least I don't have anyone on my tail to meet deadlines - ha!).

I am literally pouring myself out every day for my family and not running out.  I think that is a sign that you're working in the right job.  To be able to give and give and give without even thinking about how much it's costing because as you pour out, you are also being filled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww..it is always so nice to hear how much fulfillment you find in being a mother. I don't think there has ever been anything that I've done in my life where I "pour myself out and don't run out". I haven't found that yet. There are lots of things I like doing, but nothing I can do day after day, all day, without eventually burning out. I hope being a mother is that something! -Katie